Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Yes I am avoiding...

Well hello,




I hope everyone had a great holiday! Mine was fun. I did not eat as much as I normally would, but I did eat too much and I enjoyed a few glasses of wine. Bad band girl, I know. I did have my first fill yesterday. All the waiting...all the delayed excitement....all the fanaticizing about little clothes....I get 3.5 cc's. That's not even the half of it. I feel almost no restriction and I do not get filled again until the January 18th!!! Why dear band gods do you make me suffer so!!!!! I told my surgeon that my appetite was pretty much back to the way it was before surgery and there is no way I can eat 1/2 a cup of food for a meal, even if I have five meals like the nutritionist told me to, and be remotely satisfied. He then replies "You will still be able to eat as much as you did before surgery right now, you will not feel the restriction until after my 3rd fill." If I follow this stupid schedule my third fill will be in February. This is so not cool. The he tells me, "I told you that in the beginning, don't you remember?" "If you wanted fast results we did discuss the bypass." Ok, I do really like my doctor a lot, but he is very matter of fact and at an emotional time such as this, it made me want to jam the hubber needle in not such a nice place. So my plan of action is to call the office on Friday and beg them for the love of Pete to give me another fill!!!!!! On top of that lovely pile o' crap, I was up 1.2 lbs since the last time I was there. Sorry this was not a very uplifting rant but I needed to share.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. Before I got my first fill a couple days ago I could eat WAY more than I was supposed to be. And I did. Hopefully he'll let you in sooner, January seems pretty far away. My surgeon's office said I can make fill appointments one week apart, so I don't think there is a medical reason for requiring them to be a month apart.

    ReplyDelete