Friday, October 9, 2009

10 Day Count Down

This is my first post. Not really too sure how to make my page look cool, but I did my best. Ten days until I get banded. Today I had my last pre-op procedure, a lovely enoscopomy(do not know how to spell it). Now I am sore and have a burning sensation in my chest. Any who, I am getting excited. I have put the breaks on eating everthing in sight just because I was not going to be able to eat "normal" food for a while. Its kind of funny and gross at the same time. I was eating stuff I "normally" could care less for. For example, a hot pocket, frozen waffles, a low quality milk choclate bar, kfc...the list goes on and on, you get my point. I still am occasionally having a snack when I know I should not, but for the most part I am back on trck with normal eating. I have almost everything I need from my post op supply list. I ordered the best ready to drink protein shakes I could find, its the oh yeah brand very yummy. Bananna, vanilla and choclate flavors. I also ordered Isopure in grape frost and orange, I ordered my chewable vitamins,unflavored protein, a couple of protein powders in peanut butter cookie and caramel latte by Inspire. I really have to reccomend the web site www.bariatriceating.com to anyone in the pre-op phase. I first ordered their sample basket. It came with tons of sample size ready to drink shakes, powder smaples, vitamin samples, a drink shaker and the best book called before and after. The book is filled with tons recipies for ecah phase of post op eating and they are awesome!!! I made a ton of chickn stock, beef stock, mushroom stock and veg stock a few weekends ago. I froze all of it for after surgery. I stocked up on crystal light and sugar free pops. I feel like I am ready, just need my pedicure which is booked. I am lucky my mom is coming home to take care of me for the first week. The whole experience up to this point has been great. My doctors office is unbeleivable. I was approved by Cigna in less than 72 hours. I did put a lot of pre work in brfore I even met my surgeon, that helped with the speedy approval. I will post some bare all before pics once I charge up my camera. I cant beleive I am willing to post pictures of me in either undies and a bra or bathing suit. Trust me this is major, my mother has been trying for 9 years to get a picture of me fully clothed. But I think it is important to show it all to help other people. The blog that inspired me is http://cheeseandsunkist.blogspot.com/, she is amazing and I love her blog because she showed it all and updates her progress photos. Check out her blog, amy is so real and funny, I love her. Thats it for now. First blog done...check.

1 comment:

  1. I am your first official follower! Yeah! Thank you for the shout out! I am proud of you for taking some pictures. I promise they will come in handy! Promise promise promise! Did you figure out your ticker yet on LBT? If not, let me know. It has been forever since I have made mine. Did you find the step by step instructions on there?

    ReplyDelete