Saturday, October 10, 2009

Are You Serious

I have been thinking about this, the more I think the more I want to scream. I was reading another girls post on lapbandtalk and she was explaining how excited she was about getting her surgery date. She was also explaining that she had told a few family members and there reaction was, "your taking the easy way out" and "thats cheating", (my personal fav) "Why just dont you eat right and exercise?". OMG, I feel like looking at these people and saying , "Wow, you are so right! Why didnt I think of that before??? Why dont I just try diet and exercise, that should do it!!!" People like us, who have made this life chaging decision, have not taken the easy way out!!!! We have chosen to surgically place a forgin object in our bodies, then only eat liquids then baby food, then take supplements every day for the rest of our lives and then have chose to eat foods that will not get stuck. Not to mention getting a needle stuck into our stomach each time we get a fill. Yeah, thats totally the easy way out!!! Obviously diet and exercise has not worked for us, some of us have resorted to eating disorders and even they do not work. It has been proven by doctors that for people like us , diets have a 95% fail rate. So there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment